Monday, November 21, 2011

Ent Maiden - Inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's Tree Ent's


I love "The Lord of the Rings" and the "Hobbit" and anything that J.R.R. Tolkien has dreamed into our little realities!  In these stories Treebeard always seemed to be looking for a partner in his life... a female Tree Ent.  What would one look like?  Is she beautiful?  Well after some thought, I decided to create such a creature! Why?  Why not!

Here she is "Ent Maiden".  I depicted this tree like creature standing in the forest blending in amongst all the beauty of nature.  I feel as a Tree Ent she is very in touch will all the earth around her... and enticed by her majestic beauty... butterflies and moths are drawn to her.  Prints of "Ent Maiden" Can be purchased in my Art-Fire and Etsy shop and is part of my Random Creations Collection.