Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spider Lace


Hi everyone...
I have many paintings in the works right now.  Thirty-two to be exact.  I don't know if I will ever finish them all.  Sometimes I have the attention span of a three year old... it seems.  I loose interest in a great deal of my paintings.  Yet, not all fall through the cracks.  Here is one that I finished the other night.  Her name is "Spider Lace".

Spider Lace is one that I had running through my head for a while now.  When I think "fairy" I think of two different creatures.  One is a biting, deformed, nasty, little creature with wings.  The other is of elegance and beauty.  

If a fairy is elegant and beautiful, I feel that it would not wear "normal" clothing as us humans view it.  I think that these creatures would see the true beauty around them in nature and create there clothing from this beauty.  With that thought in mind... spider webs would be appealing to fairies. The would also be practical for these creatures because of there strength.

This is what sparked my thought process on this creature.

As for the orb that she is staring at... it is just that.  I wanted her to see things that we, as humans, do not normally see.  An energy of some sort... or spirit. 

Well... here is "Spider Lace"  if anyone has questions or comments, just ask... I love to here feedback.

Thanks again...
Cherie