Mystic Moon Media has some of the best patrons to ever roam the grounds of the Bristol Renaissance Faire, which is located in Bristol, Wisconsin.
On Saturday, July 7, the 25th season of the Bristol Faire begins and we expect to see each and every one of you visit the shoppe to say hello. Since many people aren't frequent renaissance faire visitors, we asked some of our Facebook and Twitter fans for their best tips.
Most of these tips will work for any renaissance faire, but some may be more Bristol-specific.
1. First thing to do is get a map and a schedule of the shows. That really helps you to plan your day. Also, time your lunch at off times. Don't eat at 12:00 or 1:00, you will wait in long lines and not find a seat.
2. Know where the drink stands are, especially the ones with water!
3. Wear natural fabric clothing, it breathes!
4. The loud boisterous greetings at the front gate scared the crap out of my 3 year old and it took her 2 hours to recover and have fun. Try and avoid the greeters if you have young ones!
5. Try to go in costume. It enhances the experience. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate. I started out years ago with something simple. I just added to my outfit every year.
6. Don't worry about being 'perfect'. Just relax and have fun with the experience.