Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Respect the Copyright!

As an artist I greatly appreciate those who support me by sharing on Facebook and purchasing my art.  If it were not for you kind folks... I would not have the opportunity to do what I love and support my family... so THANK YOU!

That said... the images on the internet are there for your visual enjoyment only.  They are not to be reproduced or altered in any way, shape or form.  Please understand that this is my living and my hard work.  Some of you may think... ah it’s just a “picture”.  Please keep in mind that most “picture’s” take me over 30 hours to create.  So removing “do not reproduce” and the “©” symbol to use the image on your own, is just stealing and illegal.  It is just the same as if you worked 30 hours and I came and took your paycheck.

I hate to put these obvious, common sense, statements up on my Facebook page and Blog.  But... today a few of my loyal customers brought it to my attention that someone has posted on Facebook how they are removing my copyright “stamp” and stealing my art.

So... please respect EVERY and all artist’s by not altering, reproducing or using their art without their permission.  They need to pay their bill’s too!