Friday, June 15, 2012

"Fay of Season" The Collection of the Queens...

They are done!  This year I have been working on a collection of Fairy Queens.  This collection is called "Fay of Season".  In this collection I have made the four fairy queens... Sovereign of Spring, Sovereign of Summer, Sovereign of Autumn, and Sovereign of winter.

I have introduced you to Spring and Summer... but here are the other two... Autumn and Winter.
Sovereign of Autumn was my favorite to create of this collection.  I just love fall and it is my favorite time of year.  I wanted to give this Queen a feeling of change... thus having the lively green colors fading into oranges, reds, and browns.
Sovereign of Winter was harder for me to create... but I am very happy with the way she turned out.  Normally I do not work in pastels as I prefer the earthy color palate as within Sovereign of Autumn.  Yet... with a great deal of trial and error I think that I am starting to understand this palette of colors better.  As for the queen herself... I wanted her to be the purity of winter... with icicle-like hair... to the frosted feel of her wings.

I will have this collection available in my shoppe at the Bristol Renaissance Faire this year.
Thanks again for reading my babble... until another creation...
Cherie